The Label Lounge- A 30th Birthday Celebration

Some of my party work... my baby sister decided at the last minute to have a 30th Birthday party. She had been contemplating on whether or not to have one, but of course, I got the "I want to have a party and I need you to pull it together", at the last minute. And by last minute, I'm mean two weeks! Two weeks to come up with a theme, favors, invites, menu, and of course entertainment. I think it turned out pretty good. Department stores love my little sis because she is a professed label wh*re, so it was easy for me to come up with the theme. I combined that with the lounge vibe since she was crossing over into "mature" status. I've uploaded a few photos for you to see. I couldn't load them all because that was a big party!

Enter the "grown & sexy" Label Lounge:) It's amazing what a staple gun will do for you! I bought a tiny tension rod, cut a piece of the fabric in half, tucked the rest with the staple gun, and there you have a sexy entrance into the party.


Of course, you can't just walk into The Label Lounge... you must have a VIP pass! Here was another task of cutting and stuffing. After I created the pass, I cut each one out, slipped them into plastic, placed a piece of ribbon inside, and closed the sealable cover. As everyone entered the party, they were handed a VIP pass that they had to wear the entire party. If anyone was caught saying my sister's name, they had to relinquish the pass to the person that caught them. The person with the most VIP passes got a prize.

I don't think I've done party favors quite so labor intensive. I was literally cutting fabric, cutting teeny pieces of paper, cutting trimmings, sewing, and glue-gunning up til the day of the party. They mirrored each designer accessory that was hanging on the wall. Prada, Gucci, Chanel,Fendi, etc... They were stuffed with chocolates, and everyone raved over them. I must say, I was pretty impressed myself. I wanted one of each to keep!

Well, I mean, of course she had to have a designer label cake to fit the theme, right?


I found some great fabric at Jo-Ann's, and had been dying to use it. My sister's place is loft-style with amazing hardwood floors, so the colors of the fabric went perfect. Since this was a lounge theme, I incorporated the fabric in the pillows, the cake/favor table, as well as the buffet table. It looked fabulous!



I found some really, really, nice scrapbooking paper at Michael's as the background of each photo. I then bought clear and gold translucent paper to print the designer accessories on. I searched the internet for the cutest pieces I could find. Then, I sat and matched the color of each accessory to the sheets in the scrapbook pad and secured each with a clear glue dot. Lastly, I told the story of each designer and printed that on the gold translucent paper. Then I hung them aroud the entire "lounge". This was alot of fun to do and my sister was able to keep all of the photos afterwards to place in a scrapbook of her party. My little niece even took a few to hang in her room:)




Here's the start of the "L" shaped buffet table. Still searching for the completed table with the champagne tower and all. Will post as soon as I find!

And here's the birthday girl. I kicked her out of her place for the entire day because I wanted it to be a surprise, so here she is striking a pose right before the "lounge" opens:) I actually had to search for three full days to get the balloon colors I needed to match the fabric I'd chosen for the party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!