Happy New Year!, and more pics.....

I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for a New Year's Eve party. Just a reminder to please be safe so that you and everyone around you can have a great 2010! So, as promised, here are two more of my projects-one for my sister and one for my darling niece! My sister is a fabulous stylist and my niece is...well.... a princess:):) My baby sis was super geeked when she opened this box for Christmas. Now, you must understand that she doesn't get excited about much, so when it does happen, it's sorta like a big deal! I do believe that this box is my absolute favorite. It was the most difficult to make because I literally made everything by hand, but it was the most rewarding. I'm still thinking on that one though because it's a toss up between this one and my mom's keepsake.

Except for the round mirror piece, I handmade each styling tool. Burned my finger tips off a few times, but it turned out great. With a little imagination, you can make just about anything. The most grueling was the tiny appointment book.. Yes, I cut out all the little pages to fit inside... Since my sister is such a fabulous stylist, I thought that red hot feathers shooting out of the end of the dryer was the perfect touch!

I have a pretty good camera, but I guess I'm going to have to upgrade so that you will be able to see the extensive details, but if you click on each photo, you can see it pretty good. The last pic is the inside of the cover. I used a photo of me and her on the inside..you know, the sentimental touch...



And for my little Princess.... She is truely America's Next Top Model when she's not wearing the princess tiara. Her favorite color is pink and since she is ooohhh sooo into fashion, it was quite easy to make a keepsake for her. I made the purse out of fabric scraps and just stuffed it with paper to help keep the shape. I then embellished it with rhinestones, bows, chains, and a pocket on the back side. She loved her box and she uses it! I'm the best Auntie E-V-E-R!!!

I also placed a photo of her on the inside of the box of me and her. She liked that the most.

I hope you enjoyed these creations! As promised, please check back,as I will be posting more of my different prjects!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!!!